Our friendly and experienced staff provides a safe environment and seeks to help facilitate your growth toward wholeness through individual and group counseling.
The counseling center at TEDS provides services that promote healing and life formation while helping professionals through quality Christian training. Types of services offered:
- Individual counseling: The counseling center provides individual counseling for students who wish to speak confidentially with one of our qualified counselors regarding a personal set of circumstances. Often, students focus their time around issues such as family, relationships, identity, depression, anxiety, decision-making, grief, loss, and others.
- Group counseling: The counseling center offers a variety of groups to join each semester. Each group focuses on a predetermined topic where it will provide education and support from others who have a common experience or concern. Group usually involve 3-8 participants and topics vary each semester depending on the students’ needs.
- Premarital counseling: The counseling center provides premarital counseling for engaged couples. Counseling consists of 8 sessions the contents of which are subject to variation based on the couple and the counselor.
- Referral services to Christian counselors, psychologists, and psychiatrists who are off-campus. These may be issued for mediation, consultation, substance use, counseling and other specialized needs.
All services rendered are confidential. If you have any questions about our counseling services, please contact us.
We also administer various tests (M.Div. Counseling Assessment, Miller Analogies Test, etc.) that will help you prepare for your future career and ministry.
Trinity Counseling Center will host the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon on the following dates:
- Thursday, December 7
- Thursday, January 18
- Thursday, February 15
- Thursday, March 15
- Thursday, April 12
- Thursday, May 3
You will be registered on our campus starting at 10:00 a.m. and will begin by 10:30 a.m. The test is a one-hour timed exam and should be completed close to 11:30 a.m.
The test will be held at the computer lab in the Rolfing Library on Trinity International University Campus.
What to bring on Test Day?
On the day of testing, test takers must bring following with them:
- Two valid forms of ID and the testing fee of $85.00 in either cash or check form. (Please write checks out to Trinity International University).
- The two forms of ID must include;
- Picture ID in the form of a driver’s license or a passport.
- Second ID in the form of a credit card, utility bill, student ID or a library card.
- Make sure to know your social security number or have your social security card on hand in order to provide it on the day of testing for registration.
Scratch paper and pencils will be provided. Please keep in mind, during the test you are not allowed to have anything at your desk, including cell phones, notebooks, water bottles, etc. You will not be permitted to leave the room at any time during the test.
If you’d like to take a practice test or if you have other questions about the test itself, please see www.milleranalogies.com.
Prior to Test Day
Call Trinity Counseling Center at 847-317-4067 and let us know you will be taking the test. You will need to provide us with your name, email, and phone number to sign up for the test. The additional information we collect will be on test day during registration. See “What to Bring on Test Day”