The purpose of the Certificate in Teaching and Learning is to focus on the theory and practice of the teaching-learning experience in Christian contexts.
The Certificate in Teaching and Learning is offered through the Educational Ministries and Studies Department at TEDS and offers a variety of options and areas of focus for your studies. Whether you are a busy ministry leader wanting to strengthen your skills, a graduate student seeking to enhance your degree program or someone interested in postgraduate or postdoctoral studies, your practice of ministry and base of knowledge will grow as a result of what you learn.
Do I complete the Certificate in Teaching and Learning on campus?
No, not necessarily. The Certificate program is flexible and convenient. You can choose to take courses on our Deerfield campus, through TEDS online courses, or at an approved extension site.
What are the prerequisites for admission to this program?
Here are the requirements needed to enroll:
- intensive or extensive life experience with teaching and learning practice in a church, parachurch, Christian organization, higher education, or in the public education arena (generally five-plus years of full-time experience)
- non-formal or informal preparation for teaching and learning at the graduate level
- demonstrated academic ability through evaluation and interview by the Educational Ministries Department; one need not hold a bachelor’s degree for admission
- admission to the Higher Education Track is limited to those persons who hold a graduate degree and are teaching or anticipating teaching in a higher education context
- Certificate Application completed in full
* While the Certificate in Teaching and Learning prepares you for a future degree program at Trinity, it does not guarantee acceptance into a degree program.
What will I study?
An admissions counselor will help you plan a course of study that aligns with your interests, career and ministry goals. The courses listed below are included in the program and will give you a clear snapshot of what you’ll be studying. Keep in mind that not all courses are available every semester. Contact our admissions office to find out what works best for you: 800-345-8337 or [email protected].