The purpose of the Certificate in Organizational Leadership is to engage participants in a deeper understanding of Christian leadership in organizational systems both in the church and beyond.
The Certificate in Organizational Leadership is offered through the Educational Ministries and Studies Department at TEDS and offers a variety of options and areas of focus for your studies. Whether you are a busy ministry leader wanting to strengthen your skills, a graduate student seeking to enhance your degree program or someone interested in postgraduate or postdoctoral studies, your practice of ministry and base of knowledge will grow as a result of what you learn.
Do I complete the Certificate in Organizational Leadership on campus?
No, not necessarily. The Certificate program is flexible and convenient. You can choose to take courses on our Deerfield campus, through TEDS online courses, or at an approved extension site.
What are the prerequisites for admission to this program?
Here are the requirements needed to enroll:
- intensive or extensive life experience with team and leadership practice in a church, parachurch, Christian organization, higher education, or in the public education arena (generally five-plus years of full-time experience)
- non-formal or informal preparation for team and leadership practice at the graduate level
- demonstrated academic ability through evaluation and interview by the Educational Ministries Department; one need not hold a bachelor’s degree for admission
- admission to the Executive Leadership Track is limited to those persons who hold a graduate degree and are engaged or anticipating engagement as a senior leader in an organizational context
- Certificate Application completed in full
* While the Certificate in Organizational Leadership prepares you for a future degree program at Trinity, it does not guarantee acceptance into a degree program.
What will I study?
An admissions counselor will help you plan a course of study that aligns with your interests, career and ministry goals. The courses listed below are included in the program and will give you a clear snapshot of what you’ll be studying. Keep in mind that not all courses are available every semester. Contact our admissions office to find out what works best for you: 800-345-8337 or [email protected].