Internships and Field Experience
Field-based ministry experience is vital to the development of Trinity students, and is a requirement of all academic programs. Students must complete a certain number of hours of service, and ministry opportunities for students must be mentored. As a mentor, you will stand in a long tradition of men and women who count it a privilege to build into the next generation of Christian leaders. Read more about the Field Experience requirements.
- For a Field Education experience, a student is required to complete 40-45 hours of service (which represents 3-5 hours per week for one semester).
- For an Internship, a student is required to complete 390 hours of service (which represents at least 30 hours per week for one semester, or 15 hours per week for two consecutive semesters).
Post an Opportunity
If you have a student internship or field education opportunity to post for your ministry, church, or para-church organization please:
- Read the Guidebook for Internship and Field Education Mentors for specific information and expectations of the mentor and the student.
- Complete the Ministry Opportunity Form.
- Complete the Mentor Approval Form once a student is secured for the opportunity, and email the Mentor Approval Form to [email protected] or [email protected].
If you have questions about Field Education and Internships, please contact our office at (847) 317-8030, or email us. We look forward to partnering with you.