The TEDS Academic Scholarship Program helps you complete a great degree at an easier cost.
For the 2017-2018 academic year, incoming students to the Master of Divinity Program will have the opportunity to compete for our new Gleason Archer Scholarships (100% of tuition) or Robert Duncan Culver Scholarships (50% of tuition), or to receive a number of our previously existing scholarships (up to 50% of tuition).
To be considered for this program, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university by the time of matriculation with a 3.5 GPA or higher
- Possess significant ministry, leadership, and academic experience
- Commit to entering into full-time ministry in the local church, missions, or academic teaching
January 10: TEDS Admissions Application and Academic Scholarship Program materials due
February 19-20: Select students will come to campus for personal scholarship event
March 1: Scholarship recipients announced
Step 1: Apply for admission to the Trinity Evangelical Divinity School Master of Divinity Program
Step 2: Complete the general Trinity Scholarship Application
Step 3: Submit all materials required by the TEDS Academic Scholarship Program by the deadline of January 10, 2017. These materials are explained beneath. Please use the following form to submit the required information: Supplemental Materials Form.
1. Submit a 500-800 word Personal Statement on Trinity’s Core Values, detailing the following.
a. How you, the candidate, exemplify these values in your life
b. How these values will be integrated into your future vocation
2. Provide two individuals to submit letters of reference who fit the roles beneath. These can be from the same references used for admissions consideration. Please provide email addresses for each of your references, and we will contact them with a link to your reference form.
a. A church official or church member commenting on your aptness for Christian leadership with examples that testify to this potential
b. A faculty member commenting on your academic excellence, noting specific examples that testify to this ability
Step 4: Selected students will be invited to submit further materials and to visit campus to compete for scholarship consideration during February 19-20, 2017.
Following the Campus Visits
Once the scholarship event concludes, elements previously submitted for each student will be compared and evaluated. These elements consist of, but are not limited to, a personalized interview with TEDS faculty; new recommendations; updated resumes; writing samples; and a comprehensive evaluation of the student’s admissions file. The committee will make its scholarship recommendations to the Office of the President, and notifications of awards will be made by March 1, 2017.
For information about participating in the competition, please contact Trinity Graduate Admissions at (800) 345-8337 or [email protected].