TEDS Staff / Faculty Since 1996
Kenneth V. Botton, PhD
Affiliate Professor of Pastoral Theology (TEDS)
Coordinator of Chaplaincy Studies (TEDS)
Adjunct Professor of Christian Ministries (REACH)
B.U.S. University of New Mexico
MDiv Talbot Theological Seminary
MA (Christian Education) Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
PhD (Education Studies) Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- (847) 317-8165
- [email protected]
Dr. Botton maintains extensive ties to various forms of chaplaincy ministries. A retired U.S. Navy chaplain, he now serves as Chaplain Endorser for the Plymouth Brethren and also ministers as Associate Chaplain at Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport. Dr. Botton regularly participates in ongoing discussions relating to the intersection of religious liberties and the Constitution. In addition to coordinating Chaplaincy Studies at TEDS, Dr. Botton teaches in Trinity’s REACH program and has lectured at various Bible Schools in New Zealand and India.
Ken is married to Patricia (1971) and enjoys travel, classical music, and movies.
- “University,” in Evangelical Dictionary of Christian Education, Michael J. Anthony, ed. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic, 2001.
- “Educating for Spirituality,” co-authored with Chuck King and Junias Venugopal, Christian Education Journal 1NS (Spring 1997): 33-48
- “Regent College: An Experiment in Theological Education.” Ph.D. diss., Trinity International University, 2004.
- “Military Chaplaincy: A Constitutional Provision.” Journey, Summer 2008, 26-29.
- “Military Chaplaincy: A Constitutional Provision.” EFCA Today, Summer 2009.
- INTEREST Magazine (Editor), January 1995-June 1996.
Awards, Affiliations, and Achievements
- Association of Professional Chaplains (APC)
- National Conference on Ministry to the Armed Forces (NCMAF)
- Chaplains Alliance for Religious Liberty (CALL)
- Military Chaplains Association (MCA)
- Navy Marine Corps Commendation Medal (3 awards)
- Coast Guard Commendation Medal