TEDS Faculty Since 2012
David M. Gustafson, PhD
Chair of the Mission and Evangelism Department
Associate Professor of Evangelism and Missional Ministry
BB, Western Illinois University
MDiv, ThM, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
DMin, Fuller Theological Seminary
PhD, Linköping University
- (847) 317-8134
- [email protected]
Dr. Gustafson served twenty-five years in ministry, first as campus director with Cru at Fresno State University in California, and then as pastor in two Evangelical Free churches in the Great Lakes District. Prior to Trinity, he taught courses in Christianity at the University of Houston and courses in practical ministries at Houston Graduate School of Theology.
Dr. Gustafson’s areas of expertise include evangelism, Evangelical Free Church history, and missional praxis. He is book review editor of Witness: Journal of the Academy for Evangelism in Theological Education. He is an ordained minister of the Evangelical Free Church of America and serves on its Board of Ministerial Standing. He is an affiliate docent at Johannelund School of Theology in Uppsala, Sweden, and a fellow of the Billy Graham Center of Evangelism in Wheaton, Illinois.
He and his wife, Sharon, have four children, and he enjoys bicycling, backpacking, and cooking stir-fry.
- “Swedish Pietism and American Revivalism: Kindred Spirits in the Evangelical Free Tradition,” in The Pietist Impulse in Christianity, Pickwick, 2011
- “Missionality of Apostolicity” in Theofilos: Journal for Studies in Theology, Philosophy and Culture, 2017.
- Gospel Witness: Evangelism in Word and Deed, Eerdmans, 2019.
- Missional Disciple-Making, co-editor with Michael J. Breen, 3DM Publishing, 2019.
- Gospel Witness: Evangelism in Word and Deed, Eerdmans, 2019