Registration for Summer courses begins March 23.
Choose from One-Week, Two-Week, Three-Week, Online, and Conference Wrap-Around courses.
Our summer course schedule was specifically created to allow students to maximize the summer months for coursework in Deerfield, Illinois. Summer courses are perfect for:
- students who want to accelerate degree completion
- incoming students who wish to jumpstart their degree program (i.e. Greek or Hebrew or August modulars)
- students who want to complete all MDiv course work in 6 summers for degree completion
- teachers or campus ministers who want to complete theological studies in the summer
Ready to find out more?
- See a full list of course offerings
- Register via the myTIU Dashboard
- To arrange short-term housing apply online via the MyTIU Dashboard. Contact the Housing Department with any questions you may have at [email protected]
Not a TEDS student yet?
Summer Financial Aid & Tuition Costs
- Tuition for most summer Master’s level classes will be offered at a special discounted rate of $558 per credit hour (regularly $620 per credit hour).
- Limited institutional aid is available. In order to see what you qualify for, fill out the Summer Financial Aid Application.
- Students must be enrolled at least half-time in the summer in order to receive loans. Half-time is typically 5 hours.
- Each year students are eligible for a maximum of $20,500 in Federal Direct Loans. The Financial Aid Office will assess any Direct Loan eligibility a student has remaining from the 2015-2016 academic year.
- If a student does not have any remaining Direct Loan eligibility, or if their remaining eligibility does not cover their summer costs, we then recommend considering a Grad PLUS Loan.
Financial Aid Procedures & Notes
- Register for all summer courses via the myTIU Dashboard.
- Complete the Summer Financial Aid Application. Every student wishing to receive financial aid for the summer must complete this application. You must be registered before we will evaluate your summer eligibility.
- Receive an email to your TIU email address detailing your summer financial aid eligibility, typically within 2-4 weeks after completing the summer application.
- NEW: You are no longer required to accept the award. Unless you tell us otherwise, we will assume that you accept the award as offered.
- Any change in the number of hours you are taking will affect your summer financial aid. Please notify the Financial Aid Office if you make any changes to your registration, particularly if you plan to drop below half-time.
- Reminder: Any rebate/waiver form must be submitted for each session of enrollment.
Summer Payment Policy
For modular courses, payment in full is due by the first day of the class; otherwise, the student will be dropped from the course.
To find your bill log into myTIU and go to your Dashboard. Select “Bill Payment” and then select “Course and Fee Statement.” Generate a “Course and Fee Statement” for the current semester and open the PDF to view the semester bill.
Payments can be made online.
There are two types of housing available over the summer. Summer housing is a long term housing solution, available by the week, month or for the entire summer. Short-term housing is a solution for those who plan on being on campus for only short periods of time (less than a week).
- Summer housing accommodations are for single students only. Rates are calculated on a weekly basis, ranging between $119/week for Owens 800/900 non-kitchen suites ($1666/full summer) or $140/week for Owens 700 kitchen suites ($1960/full summer), and does not include the cost of cleaning supplies, bathroom supplies, or bed and bath linen. Students in summer housing are required to sign a summer lease, participate in regular suite cleaning as well as checking in and out of their rooms with a summer RA.
- Short-term housing is available for both single students (Johnson Hall floors 1A & 2A) and couples (Johnson Hall Guest Apartment). Rates are calculated on a daily basis. A new option in Short-term housing is the bring your own bed and bath linen option. This new option is available for the single room rate only and runs $25/night. The more traditional Short-term housing, where the University provides both the bed and the bath linens remains at $40/night for single students and $60/night for the Guest Apartment. Students in short-term housing are not required to sign a lease, or follow the check-in/check-out procedures. Please contact the Housing Office for more information, 847-317-7135 or [email protected].