Registration for Summer courses begins March 24.
Our summer course schedule was specifically created to allow students to maximize the summer months for coursework in Deerfield, Illinois. Summer courses are perfect for:
- students who want to complete all MDiv course work in 6 summers for degree completion
- teachers or campus ministers who want to complete theological studies in the summer
- students who want to accelerate degree completion
- incoming students who wish to jumpstart their degree program (i.e. Greek or Hebrew)
Ready to find out more?
- See a full list of course offerings
- Register via the myTIU Dashboard
- To arrange short-term housing, contact the Housing Office. Online applications will be available starting March 19, 2014.
Not a TEDS student yet?
Our summer classes are available to new students as well. Contact Graduate Admissions for information on how to apply, and make sure you check out our complete list of academic programs.
Contact the Admissions Office at (800) 345-8337 or email@example.com to request a visiting student or a full-time application.
Summer Financial Aid & Tuition Costs
- Tuition for most summer Master’s level classes will be offered at a special discounted rate of $558 per credit hour (regularly $620 per credit hour).
- Limited institutional aid is available. In order to see what you qualify for, fill out the Summer Financial Aid Application.
- Students must be enrolled at least half-time in the summer in order to receive loans. Half-time is typically 5 hours.
- Each year students are eligible for a maximum of $20,500 in Federal Direct Loans. The Financial Aid Office will assess any Direct Loan eligibility a student has remaining from the 2013-2014 academic year.
- If a student does not have any remaining Direct Loan eligibility, or if their remaining eligibility does not cover their summer costs, we then recommend considering a Grad PLUS Loan.
Financial Aid Procedures & Notes
- Register for all summer courses via the myTIU Dashboard.
- Complete the Summer Financial Aid Application. Every student wishing to receive financial aid for the summer must complete this application. You must be registered before we will evaluate your summer eligibility.
- Receive an email to your TIU email address detailing your summer financial aid eligibility, typically within 2-4 weeks after completing the summer application.
- Reply to the email, confirming the aid that you’d like to accept.
- Any change in the number of hours you are taking will affect your summer financial aid. Please notify the Financial Aid Office if you make any changes to your registration, particularly if you plan to drop below half-time.
Summer Payment Policy
For modular courses, payment in full is due by the first day of the class; otherwise, the student will be dropped from the course.
To find your bill log into myTIU and go to your Dashboard. Select “Bill Payment” and then select “Course and Fee Statement.” Generate a “Course and Fee Statement” for the current semester and open the PDF to view the semester bill.
Payments can be made online.
There are two types of housing available between May 18 – August 22, 2014. Both types of housing are available nightly, weekly, or for the entire summer, depending on your needs. Space is limited.
- Summer housing is only available for the duration of the summer. Accommodations are for single students only. Rates are calculated on a daily basis, typically ranging between $13-$20 a night (depending on the building) and does not include the cost of linens or cleaning. Students in summer housing are required to sign a summer lease and are responsible to follow check-in and check-out procedures with their RAs.
- Short-term housing is available year-round. We offer accommodations for both single students (Owens 800/900 buildings) and couples/families (Johnson Hall Guest Apartment). Rates are also calculated on a daily basis ($40/night for single students and $60/night for the Guest Apartment). The cost includes linens and cleaning upon the student’s vacancy. Students in short-term housing are not required to sign a lease or follow the check-in/check-out procedures. Please contact the Housing Office for more information, 847-317-7135 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for summer housing will be available online beginning March 19, 2014.