Registration for Summer courses begins March 21.
Choose from One-Week, Two-Week, Three-Week, Online, and Conference Wrap-Around courses.
Our summer course schedule was specifically created to allow students to maximize the summer months for coursework in Deerfield, Illinois. Summer courses are perfect for:
- students who want to accelerate degree completion
- incoming students who wish to jumpstart their degree program (i.e. Greek or Hebrew or August modulars)
- students who want to complete all MDiv course work in 6 summers for degree completion
- teachers or campus ministers who want to complete theological studies in the summer
Ready to find out more?
- See a full list of course offerings
- Register via myTIU under under “Financial Aid Procedures & Notes”.
- To arrange short-term housing apply online via MyTIU . Contact the Housing Department with any questions you may have at [email protected]
Not a TEDS student yet?
Summer Financial Aid & Tuition Costs
- Tuition $655 per credit hour.
- Limited institutional aid is available. In order to see what you qualify for, fill out the Summer Financial Aid Application.
- Students must be enrolled at least half-time in the summer in order to receive loans. Half-time is typically 5 hours.
- Each year students are eligible for a maximum of $20,500 in Federal Direct Loans. The Financial Aid Office will assess any Direct Loan eligibility a student has remaining from the 2015-2016 academic year.
- If a student does not have any remaining Direct Loan eligibility, or if their remaining eligibility does not cover their summer costs, we then recommend considering a Grad PLUS Loan.
Financial Aid Procedures & Notes
- Register for all summer courses via myTIU.
- Complete the Summer Financial Aid Application. Every student wishing to receive financial aid for the summer must complete this application. You must be registered before we will evaluate your summer eligibility.
- Receive an email to your TIU email address detailing your summer financial aid eligibility, typically within 2-4 weeks after completing the summer application.
- NEW: You are no longer required to accept the award. Unless you tell us otherwise, we will assume that you accept the award as offered.
- Any change in the number of hours you are taking will affect your summer financial aid. Please notify the Financial Aid Office if you make any changes to your registration, particularly if you plan to drop below half-time.
- Reminder: Any rebate/waiver form must be submitted for each session of enrollment.
Summer Payment Policy
Summer courses will bill at the beginning of the summer term. Payment arrangements are expected by the first day of the summer term.
To view billing information, log onto the TIU dashboard after you have registered for classes: www.my.tiu.edu. Select the Student Finances tab to view the following options:
– Course & Fee Statement – to view your current semester charges and financial aid information
– My Account Balances – to view your current account balance due and account activity
– Pay Bill Online – for making payments
Students will receive a monthly email reminder to check student account activity on the dashboard.
- Pay in full. Pay in full at the beginning of the summer term for all courses which you have registered. Payments can be made on the student dashboard: www.my.tiu.edu
- Obtain financial aid. Limited financial aid is available in the summer term for those that qualify. Please see the information above for eligibility criteria and application steps.
- Monthly payment plan. We offer a 2 month summer payment plan beginning in May (at no additional cost).
– 2016 Summer 2 Month Payment Plan application form
Note: Unpaid summer balances will incur a 1% deferment fee at the end of each month beginning in June and may result in a Fall 2016 registration hold. Please note that Fall 2016 financial aid will not be released until a summer balance is paid in full.
Please contact us if you have any questions: [email protected]
There are two types of housing available over the summer. Summer housing is a long term housing solution, available by the week, month or for the entire summer. Short-term housing is a solution for those who plan on being on campus for only short periods of time (a week or two).
- Summer housing accommodations are for single students only. Rates are calculated on a weekly basis, ranging between $125/week for Owens 800/900 non-kitchen suites ($1750/full summer) or $147/week for Owens 700 kitchen suites ($2058/full summer), and does not include the cost of cleaning supplies, bathroom supplies, or bed and bath linen. Students in summer housing are required to sign a summer lease, participate in regular suite cleaning as well as checking in and out of their rooms with a summer RA.
- Short-term housing is available for single students in Carlson Hall. Rates are calculated on a daily basis. There are two price points for Short Term Housing based on the need for linen. No bed linen or bath linen will cost $25 per night. If you require bed and bath linen the price is $40 per night. Students in short-term housing are not required to sign a lease, or follow the check-in/check-out procedures.
Please contact the Housing Office with any questions you may have, 847-317-4029 or [email protected].