Our friendly and experienced staff provides a safe environment and seeks to help facilitate your growth toward wholeness through individual and group counseling.
The counseling center at TEDS provides services that promote healing and life formation while helping professionals through quality Christian training. Types of services offered:
- Individual counseling: The counseling center provides individual counseling for students who wish to speak confidentially with one of our qualified counselors regarding a personal set of circumstances. Often, students focus their time around issues such as family, relationships, identity, depression, anxiety, decision-making, grief, loss, and others.
- Group counseling: The counseling center offers a variety of groups to join each semester. Each group focuses on a predetermined topic where it will provide education and support from others who have a common experience or concern. Group usually involve 3-8 participants and topics vary each semester depending on the students’ needs.
- Premarital counseling: The counseling center provides premarital counseling for engaged couples. Counseling consists of 8 sessions the contents of which are subject to variation based on the couple and the counselor.
- Referral services to Christian counselors, psychologists, and psychiatrists who are off-campus. These may be issued for mediation, consultation, substance use, counseling and other specialized needs.
All services rendered are confidential. If you have any questions about our counseling services, please contact us.
We also administer various tests (Counselaid, Miller Analogies Test, etc.) that will help you prepare for your future career and ministry.
Trinity Counseling Center will host the Millers Analogies Test (MAT) in the Rolfing Library Computer Lab this summer on the following date:
- Thursday, August 25, 12–2 pm
The test will be held at the computer lab in the Rolfing Library on Trinity International University Campus. You will be registered on our campus at 9:15 a.m. and begin by 9:30 a.m. Everyone will complete the timed one-hour exam at 10:30 a.m.
What to bring on Test Day?
We ask test takers to bring the following with them:
- Two valid forms of ID and the testing fee of $85.00 in either cash or check form (write checks out to TIU).
- The two forms of I.D. must include one picture I.D. (driver’s license, passport) and a second form of I.D. (credit card, utility bill, student I.D., library card).
- Make sure you either know your social security number or have your card present, as you will have to provide your number on the test form and in order to register on Test Day.
Scratch paper and pencils will be provided. Please keep in mind that during the test you are not allowed to have anything at your desk (this includes cell phones, notebooks, water bottles, etc.). You will not be permitted to leave the room at any time during the test.
If you’d like to take practice questions or have other questions about the test itself, please see www.milleranalogies.com.
Prior to Test Day
Call Trinity Counseling Center at 847-317-4067 and let us know you will be taking the test. You will simply provide us with your name, email, and phone number. The additional information we collect will be on test day when you register. See “What to Bring on Test Day”