The mission of Campus Safety and Security Services is to faithfully serve and protect the Trinity community with care and compassion in collaboration with Facility Services and Student Affairs to promote individual responsibility and respect so that the goal of Christ centered academic excellence can be obtained.
Campus Safety and Security Services provides security 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to the University community in an official uniformed capacity, while our Security personnel are not sworn officers; our campus is regularly patrolled by The Bannockburn Police Department.
Trinity International University publishes an Annual Security and Fire Report and keeps a Daily Crime Log. Both reports can be accessed on the menu to the right. These reports are also available to be viewed in person during normal business hours at the Facility Services building.
All vehicles must check in with security or have a current TIU parking permit. Passes, permits and a copy of the rules and regulations may be obtained at the Gate House located by the Route 22 entrance. By operating a vehicle on University property you fall subject to all State and TIU motor vehicle regulations. (Click here) to access the full version of the TIU motor vehicle regulations, these regulations are also provided in the student handbook.
Your safety and security is our highest priority. Please report any suspicious or criminal activity to Safety and Security Services at 847-317-6400. Other important numbers:
- Police 911. From a campus phone dial 9-911
- Fire/EMS 911. From a campus phone dial 9-911
The following services are provided by Safety and Security Services:
- 24 hour a day safety escorts (x6400 from a campus phone)
- Vehicle jump starts
- Vehicle lock out assistance
- Missing items/ theft reports
- Room lock/out assistance
TIU Emergency Alert System
Trinity International University uses RAVE, a university-wide text/voice messaging alert service that will notify students, faculty and staff if an emergency situation occurs on campus. The alerts provide real-time information as a text/voice message to your cell phone in the event of an emergency. The campus alert service will be used in the event of an Emergency Notification, Timely Warning or when any other important information needs to be relayed to the Trinity community.
- Keep your residence hall room door locked at all times whether you are present or not.
- Never leave your electronic items (laptop, cell phone) unattended.
- Never prop open exterior doors to residence halls or allow unescorted visitors into the hall.
- Students, Faculty and Staff are encouraged to log on to our expanded Safety and Security site on myTIU .
Emergency Blue Light Phones
- There are 4 emergency blue light phones strategically placed around campus that will connect you to a university security officer 24 hours a day. Press the button for help and your call will be placed automatically. Don’t know where you are? Don‘t worry, your location is provided to security when you call.