TEDS is not only about the students; it’s about the families that comprise our community.
Trinity believes that it can be a life-changing time for children and spouses as well as the student starting school. The friendships and community built here provide strong foundations for a lifetime of ministry partnership.
Trinity supports family life by encouraging students to find a home in the local church and enjoy all that Chicagoland has to offer during their time in school. We also provide opportunities to build lasting community with fellow student families. Some of the opportunities you can take advantage of include:
- The Clothes Horse: Free “shopping” for food, household items, and gently used clothes for family members of all sizes
- Community barbecues, potlucks and campus apartment get-togethers
- Tuesday morning Panera Bread giveaway
- Chapel open to all family members
- Families can own a plot in the on-campus Community Garden and take vegetables to food deserts just miles from Trinity’s campus
- Chicagoland is extremely family-friendly including miles of bike trails, amusement parks, children’s museums, and cultural experiences available.
- International student families can take advantage of the International Furniture Room providing beds, nightstands, couches, tv’s and more
Especially for Spouses
- Spouses of full time students can come and audit classes with their spouse for only $50 per class
- Trinity Wives Fellowship
- On campus Fitness Center free for spouses
Just For Moms
- Friday Morning “Mom’s Ministry” Play Groups year round
- Kids on Kampus every Thursday and Saturday evening
- Free babysitting evenings each semester
- Mom’s Ministry quarterly breakfasts and outside speakers
- School-age children will benefit from some of the best schools in Illinois and participate in developmental programs through the Deerfield Parks District.